03 March, 2010

SWITZERLAND



Wohoo...I surprised my Dadio for his birthday in Switzerland!!! My parents were going to be on vacation skiing at their cabin in Switzerland so I talked to my mom to come up with a plan to surprise my dad for his birthday. I got a buddy pass from my friend, who's husband works for Delta. I only paid about $550 for my ticket to Geneva and got to fly 1st class!!!! OMG...it makes such a difference! I got to sleep...eat really good food and get my drink on with Champagne haha! I loved it and it'll be so hard to go back to economy class now :( My friend Alison came with me as well. She had never been skiing in the Alps and it was a life long dream if hers. She is an awesome telemark skier and had the time of her life. Alison could not believe how big the resort was. The resort's name is Portes Du Soleil and about 15 ski resorts have connected themselves to form this big resort. It has 194 lifts and over 450 miles of connected ski slopes....and it's just amazingly beautiful!!!

Anyway, Craig was not with us...he had school and stayed home but he sure was jealous. I promised him I would never leave him home again if I go to Switzerland :) My dad was really surprised and happy to see me. He loved that I came over and spent time with him and mom! We had so much snow and it did not stop snowing until the day before we left. It was simply amazing and the snow conditions could not compare to those that we had in UT this year so far. I also tried skiing for the first time after 15 years again. I felt like a beginner but overall it went fine. I want to be able to ski just as good as I snowboard now. I t would be so awesome to switch back and forth...and I will definitely buy skis soon.

My mom also had a great surprise for me and Craig. My parents got us GERMAN blankets!!! Craig and I always had a hard time with only one blanket...like it is custom here in the US. In Europe...everyone has their own blanket or comforter and now Craig and I finally have our own. We love it...and it makes our bed so much more cozier :) :) :) Here are some pics!!!

















German Blankets :)

2 comments:

Whitney Booth said...

I love the german blankets! I am going to have to check them out next time I am over! and I am still jealous you got to fly first class, how nice! It looks like you had a blast!

The Stevos said...

Oh MY !!!! I love the pictures and the story.. not to mention that food. yum !! I have never really thought about going to Switzerland before... but now I want to go. Maybe one day when I can get babysitter ;) hee hee.