24 June, 2010

SUNSHINE STATE!

Craig and I took a little road trip down to southern California. We left on a Tuesday night after I got off work and drove for about 6 hours past Las Vegas. We planned on sleeping in the car and had prepared the jeep with comforters and sleeping bags...i loved it...Craig not so much! We pulled over at a rest stop on I-15 and Craig was really nervous with good reason but I was totally fine and loved out little adventure. I fell asleep immediately and Craig tossed and turned all night long. He finally jumped out of the car at 5am and said to me 'get up Jos...we are getting out of here'....ohhh i was still so tired. We arrived in San Diego at 10:30am and headed straight to Topher's house to help with the last wedding details.

Well...that was the main reason for our mini trip to CA...Topher got married to Morgan!!! We were excited for them and we were also excited to be by the beach. The wedding was in the Newport Beach Temple and the reception and ring ceremony was held on a boat, which was totally fun. Craig had to hold the best man speech an he was so nervous...but he did an amazing job. We are happy Topher and Morgan finally tied the knot and were honored to be part of their wedding.

Newport Beach and Laguna Beach are my favorite beaches in CA and I was happy to be back. I used to live there and I miss it a lot! The weather was perfect and we got to hang out with our close friends Chip and Glory that had just moved to San Diego a week prior to the wedding. We played at Pacific Beach and had amazing fish taco's!!! The day before we had to drive back, we drove to Palm Springs where I used to live right before I moved to Utah. I still have a few friends there and we met up with them. I miss them so much and they made us feel so welcome. We had an amazing dinner with Drew and Tana and then went out for drinks! Drew is the director of Loss Prevention at the JW Resort in Palm Desert and he will get us free rooms whenever we come visit...next time we will take advantage of it and chill by the pool all day long! Finally, I got to see JODY!!! Jody was my room mate while I lived there and she now lives in Phoenix with her boyfriend. She came to Palm Springs for her birthday and I got to catch up with her as well. She will be engaged soon and I can't wait for her wedding!

We had a fun trip to the SUNSHINE STATE and loved catching up with so many people! It's only a 10 hour drive so Craig and I will definitely do one more CA trip this summer!!!


Topher and Morgan are hitched!


Craig's Best Man Speech!

Brides Maids!

San Diego...

LOVE this VAN!

TACO's at PB

He is cute!


Pacific Beach!

2 comments:

Jami Weight said...

Newport Beach is MY FAVORITE place on the globe! LOVE IT!!!!

Jennie said...

YAY! You finally posted! I check this regularly, and am so glad you got inspired to write again! Your trip sounds and looks like it was so fun. I miss you!