01 August, 2010

Summer Livin...



Summer is here and we haven't been doing much of anything but working and going to school. We went camping and hiking in ZION in the beginning of the summer and then to CALIFORNI-A in June but that was it...until these past 2 weekends. We finally got to go CAMPING and to the LAKE...plus we got to go to our first Demolition Derby EVER. It was crazy and fun and actually not as white trash as we thought it would be haha...we loved it! My boss goes every year with a bunch of people and this year he invited Craig and I. We both didn't really know what to think about it at first but we were also kind of excited too. In the end we would go definitely again...

Last weekend we went camping with the newlyweds at by Strawberry Lake. Topher, Morgan and Craig met up with me friday night in Heber right after work and we went to a spot that Topher once discovered on his little adventures. Ever since...Craig and I have gone there with him and now that Morgan is part of the family she got to go and check it out too ;) When we finally got there we found a bunch of crazy looking trailers along with a couple of Mexicans and two horses. We weren't happy about it but luckily they were located only near our spot and not at our site so we camped there anyways. The funniest part of our neighbors was in the morning when two of the Mexicanos rode on their horses through our camp...sooooo funny :) we were cracking up.

Then last week James and Whitney took us to this fun slide rock in Alpine...it was way fun and I am sure we will return and explore the area much more. Well...next week we will attempt to conquer Mt. Timpanogas...we are excited and can't wait. We love SUMMER!!!


Zion






Demolition Derby Video

...so i tried uploading a video of the demolition derby but after ten times trying and failing I am officially giving up on it! It's too bad...because it's hilarious...


Craziness...



Deer Creek


UTAH CAMPING
Sliding Rock

...freezing...



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh...looking at all of your pictures of the great outdoors in Utah just made me so home sick! I MISS UTAH SO MUCH! All the places you went to are gorgeous! Thanks for posting those pics. And I know...this baby will really be here any day now. It's strange...but I am so ready and so excited! We do need a phone date. Once I get my bearings with the little one, I will have time to chat while I'm recovering. Love you Jos, and hope that all is well with you and Craig!

The Stevos said...

Your pictures make me want to go to Zion ! Never have I been, but I love the pictures and I want to plan a trip there now !

Whitney Booth said...

You and Craig really are made for the summer :) You two always go on fun summer adventures. I love how you love the outdoors and are always up for a new experience!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Looks like ALOT OF FUN!

kylie said...

beautiful pictures, josephine! love the adventure! :)