17 December, 2011

Graduation & Anticipation


CRAIG HAS GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE!!! I am seriously so excited and can't believe this day has finally come. I am so proud of him and I am proud of us sticking to our plan of getting him through college ASAP so we would be able to move on in so many ways. We are not tied to living in Orem, Utah anymore and we can move anywhere our hearts and dreams will take us. Our first move will most likely be back to Park City, since we both work up in this fun little ski town. We love it there but I have the feeling this may not be our last stop...I miss Europe so much so we are hoping to move back within the next few years. I would love to give birth to my children in Germany but then again we just don't know what the future holds for us yet. We will definitely make an effort to go back, in the end we will see what happens with our jobs and make a decision based on that. Craig would love to live in Germany and I think it would be such a life-changing opportunity for him. I really really hope it will work out! I miss my family and Germany so so so so much...

Here are some cute pictures from the night we celebrated Craig's completion of his last final EVER! We popped a bottle of champagne! He will not walk until the end of April because UVU does not have ceremonies for December graduates...my parents will come out for this event and I am sure his parents will be there too. It will be fun to have everybody together and celebrate his accomplishment!





On the other hand we are anticipating our trip back to Europe for New Years! I can hardly wait anymore. Today we unmounted our bindings from our snowboards so we could fit both of our boards into one bag. Craig was able to fit them perfectly and I was happy that we did not have to buy another board bag. Switzerland here we come! I love our family cabin in the Swiss Alps and have so many fun memories from spending every summer a coupe of month there when I was growing up and I learned how to Ski and Snowboard there! Craig and I will be able to spend some serious quality time together, since we are going to be by ourselves for a while before my parents join us for a few days. I am already anxiously awaiting the amazing food and will have a freshly baked chocolate hazelnut croissant every single morning. 

I am also excited to try out our new outfits. I got myself a pretty awesome Christmas present! I bought a Patagonia Shell Jacket and a Down Sweater, which were quite expensive but I love them. Since we will fly first to Orlando to spend Christmas with Craig's family there and then to Switzerland we need to pack lightly and heavy jackets are pretty much a No No considering we have to pack all of our snowboarding gear plus clothes for warm weather! Patagonia is an amazing outdoor gear brand that produces high quality light weight gear that has a lifetime warranty. My friend is a Ski-patroller and gets pro-form pricing on Patagonia. She let me take advantage of it and I got my stuff 45% off, which ended up still being pretty pricey considering I spent about $400 for only 2 items...but I know this money was well spent. Craig also got new gear as part of his graduation present. We went Black Friday shopping at Columbia and he got a complete new outfit for about the same price I had paid for only my two jackets. He also got a down sweater jacket (which I love on him...he looks so cute in it), a shell jacket and new snow-pants. We got each a few new pairs of ski socks and Craig got new base layers from REI. So we are all set for our vacation and hopefully can pack as lightly as possible for it. Here we are in our glory!


Here are some funny pics of me trying to get into the Christmas spirit with the Nutcracker...haha... and we found this old-skool wooden horse in Craig's Grandma's apartment lobby :)



Once again, we have no Christmas decoration in the house. It makes me kind of sad since our house looks not season appropriate without any Christmas-y stuff around. I almost went and bought a real Christmas Tree but Craig talked sense into me since it was not only the tree that had to be bought but everything that goes with. He would rather wait to buy nice decorations when we are actually celebrating Christmas here...and we needed to save our money for the upcoming trip. I did buy oranges and nuts...a little Christmas flavor...haha...and we have a Gingerbread candle! I also received a big package from my parents with all kinds of delicious German Christmas candy in it...I am so lucky to have the best parents that are very very thoughtful! Cuties! I talked to my mom for hours today on the phone and I miss having them close-by.

The countdown is on...7 more days and we are off on our 2 week vacation!!! I am so excited...can you tell? Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So happy that Craig is finished with school!! I vividly remember when it all started, and then you moved to Orem...and now you're finished! What an accomplishment for both of you. And where does Craig work in PC? By the way, I am here in Utah until the end of January. Let's see each other after the holidays when life slows back down :)