16 September, 2009

Melanie & Daniel visit UTAH!!!!


Just within the past 2 years I got in touch with old high school friends thanks to a German Facebook I joined called STUDIVZ. People started finding me and got so excited that I was now living in the USA and I was just as excited to be back in contact with them. When Craig and I went to Berlin, he got to meet a few of my high school buddies and very close friends when I was growing up. One of those friends is Melanie...who happened to marry Daniel, her High School Sweetheart. It was so exciting to catch up and talk about our lives after high school...after all we did not talk to each other for over 9 years or even more because we switched schools after 10th grade. Melanie and Daniel got married in September of 2008 and also had a beach wedding just like Craig and I. Another similarity was that Melanie actually had left Germany just like me and lived in Greece for 5 years, which I thought was way cool. She is so talented with languages and speaks fluent German, English and Greek...and I am sure her French is not that bad either. She was in Athens for the Olympic Games and the whole shebang and when she returned to Berlin, Germany she fell back in love with her Daniel...so freakin cute!!!

Since their honeymoon was rained out and not much fun last year in Germany...they decided to save up and plan a trip throughout the western United States. They arrived in New York first and stayed there for 3 days. Then they flew to Las Vegas...rented an RV and started their journey by visiting Craig and I in Utah. I was so excited to finally have a very good friend visit me and see where I live now. I think they both where impressed by Utah. You have to understand that Utah is not a place where people from around the world come and vacation, hence nobody really knows a lot about Utah besides that SLC had the Olympic Games in 2002 and that it is home to the Mormon Religion. We showed them Mirror Lake, spent a night in Park City, and went to Salt Lake City. They actually loved it here and we are hoping for another visit from them since they both are great skiers. We are also contemplating to do our next Germany trip maybe in the Wintertime next year so we can go skiing with them in Europe? We will see what happens. After coming to see us they packed their RV and headed to sunny California. They will have two weeks to explore the state and I gave them as many pointers as I could about southern California, since I used to live in Orange County for about 5 years. SO have fun you two cuties and we loved having you here!!!! We love you!!!!

I did not take any pictures but Melanie and Daniel did so hopefully when they return to Germany they will send me some of theirs and I will post them. Here are a couple of pictures of them and us from when we were in Germany. :)



2 comments:

Whitney Booth said...

How fun Jos! That is so awesome that they met up with you guys in Utah, I love it. Can't wait to see some pictures.

Unknown said...

Wow - you have been a busy bee doing a lot of blogging recently. Good girl - now my life is not that boring anymore and I can feed on yours. :-)

We loved it so much in Utah and especially staying with you guys. It was definetely not our last visit. Coming in winter for skiing is a MUST DO / TOP PRIORITY! I hope you were not planning of getting rid of us because it's too late for that. You have shown us one of the most beautiful places we have ever been to.